The Gananda Rotary Club is very active in our School District, Towns, County State, Country and Internationally .
Gananda Rotary members have taken part in many activities, including:
• Presenting dictionaries to third graders at the Richard Mann Elementary School
• Offering Scholarships to Gananda seniors, who have worked with the Gananda Rotary and other community service groups throughout their high school time. Gave $4,000 in scholarships in 2018.
• Raising money for and sponsoring a “Shelter Box” for worldwide homeless victims of disasters
• Raising funds for and delivering a Fire Truck to a Native American reservation in South Dakota.
• Participating in and sponsoring teams for the Annual Rotary Spelling Bee
• Donated to “Family Promise” program
• Volunteers at Food Link for their Potato sacking project
• Organizing and sponsoring the annual Gananda Garage Sale, (left) a development-wide two day events with garage sales at over 300 homes, and food and services provided by the club. Funds are used to sponsor several Rotary Scholarships, to Gananda seniors annually. Garage Sale is run annually on the second Saturday and Sunday of June.
• Presenting Paul Harris Fellow community service award to honor local residents or club members for their good works, which additionally raises money for the Rotary Foundation.
• Offering a family-friendly local “Haunted Hayride” each year for the delight of the community and as a fundraiser to aid local Rotary projects
• Cooking and providing food for such events as American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life, for Palmyra’s Canaltown Days, for Gananda Garage Sale, and for Pre-Game Pasta Dinners before various sporting events within the Gananda School districts.
• Training, as a group, to become Literacy Volunteers… to teach others to read and write. The Literacy Volunteers of Wayne County sent instructors to our Rotary meetings to accomplish this training.
• Sponsoring and housing a foreign exchange student from Brazil in 2004
• Sponsoring an outbound student to Japan in 2012, and an outbound student to Germany in 2015.
• Donating funds to local students and scouts for various community projects and sponsored-trips and so much more.